Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Project Management > End-User Procedures for Project Management >
Associating a Subcontractor Resource with a Project
After adding a subcontractor to Siebel Professional Services Automation, end users can associate resources from that company to the project. Any subcontractor resources associated with a project using the following procedure automatically appear in the Team Workbook.
To associate a subcontractor resource with a project
- Navigate to the Projects screen.
- From the visibility filter, select the appropriate view.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink for a selected project record with which the subcontractor will be associated.
- Click the Subcontractors view tab.
- In the Subcontractors list, drill down on the Account Name field hyperlink for the subcontractor.
A Project Subcontractor form appears, with the Resources list below it.
- In the Resources list, add a new record.
The records available are employees that have been associated with this subcontractor account.
- In the Role field, select a role from the drop-down list.
- Complete any other necessary fields. For a description of the fields available, see Setting Up Roles in a Project Team Workbook.
NOTE: To create subcontractor agreements and invoices, see Agreements.
NOTE: To view the subcontractor details in a form, choose Employee Details from the drop-down list in the Resources view. To go back to list format, choose Employees from the drop-down list.