Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Creating a Simple List Report > Additional Information for Developing and Deploying Siebel Reports >
Migrating Custom Reports
Migrating custom reports involves a short process to complete. The following steps will need to be completed for each custom report you have created.
Before starting, make sure that the latest release of Actuate e.Report Designer Professional is installed on your machine. The following upgrade instructions are specifically for Siebel Reports 6.0 and later.
To upgrade a custom report to Siebel release 7.x for Actuate 7
- Using an existing custom report from Siebel release 6.0 and later, retrieve an ROD (report design) file.
- Generate an ROL (report library) file from Siebel Tools.
- In Siebel Tools, navigate to Reports and select a desired report.
- From the Tools menu, select the Generate Actuate Report option.
- Place the ROD file and the generated ROL file (and other necessary libraries) in a directory on your machine.
- Open the ROD file in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
- Compile the report to generate an ROX (report executable) file by selecting the Build option from the Report menu.
NOTE: Regarding upgrading of the sscustom.rol file from one release to the next, the format of the file is upgraded, but any custom changes are not. After an upgrade you have to manually add any changes and adjustments to the new version of the sscustom.rol.