Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Creating a Simple List Report > Example—Creating a Simple List Report >
Compiling and Testing the Report
The report must be built and compiled in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional for you to run it. Then it can be debugged locally in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional and, when it is ready to be deployed, the executable version of the report is moved to the folder where Siebel applications obtain their report executables.
To compile and install the report
- Open Siebel Sales.
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Opportunities > Opportunities > My Opportunities.
Make sure that the desired query is active.
The appropriate application and view must be open for the report to obtain records. Also, the set of records displayed in the view is the set of records that is used in the report.
- In Actuate e.Report Designer Professional, click the Run button.
The report appears in the Web browser. You can test your report as you develop it in Actuate. Note that the report displays the data records in the same order in which they are displayed in the Siebel application. If the Actuate Output window displays an error message indicating that no data is available for the report, make sure that your Siebel application has queried the appropriate records and that the cursor is positioned on the first record.
NOTE: If the cursor is positioned on a record other than the first one, not all records will be displayed. This is because of the Forward Only mode of the query.
- If prompted, click OK to accept any defaults on the Requester dialog box that appears.
- Make corrections to the report design as necessary and recompile as often as required.
NOTE: While making corrections to the report, if you need to review the Actuate Output window for the previous error message, go to View > Output Window or use the hotkey Alt-v followed by w.
- Use Microsoft Windows Explorer to copy the Testrept.rox file from the location where you saved the testrept.rod file; for example, C:\Siebdev\RPTSRC\custom to the REPORTS folder in your Siebel application installation directory; for example, C:\Siebel\REPORTS.
- In Siebel Sales, click the Reports button and select Test Report from the drop-down list.
The report should appear in Siebel Sales. If there are problems, verify the following:
- If there is no Test Report option in the Reports menu, verify that the My Opportunities view is active. If the correct view is active, your problem lies in the configuration of the view report object definition that defines this menu option. Make sure that it is a child of the correct view (Opportunity List view).
- If a message appears that the Siebel application cannot find the report, verify that you have moved the executable to the correct folder.
Compiling Reports with Actuate 7
The Actuate 7 e.Report Designer Professional (erdpro) compiler includes changes made to improve performance. The compiler is now more stringent and catches errors that might have been ignored in earlier versions. When creating new reports with Actuate 7 erdpro, the report compilation might fail due to the Indirect DataRow Member Access variable not being set correctly. Follow these instructions to set or correct this variable.
To compile reports with Actuate 7
1 Edit the following registry variable on the system where erdpro is installed:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actuate\e.Report Designer Professional
Set value to
1 (default value is zero).
IndirectDataRowMemberAccess is not present in your registry, create a
DWORD value with the name
IndirectDataRowMemberAccess and Hexadecimal value of
Close all open erdpro instances and open a new erdpro session.
Compile your report.