Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Understanding Your Reports Development Environment >
Additional Siebel-Actuate Reporting Information
This section covers various additional information that pertains to reporting in Siebel applications.
About the Actuate e.Report Designer Professional and Siebel Tools Installation
Note the following points about software installation:
You should also be aware of the following configuration file parameters in tools.cfg (the configuration file for Siebel Tools):
- ActuateDevWBDir. Specifies the location of the Actuate e.Report Designer Professional software.
- TemplateDestDir. Specifies the directory location where data supply library files are created when they are exported from Siebel Tools. The default is C:\program files\siebel\7.7\tools\RTPSRC\ENU\LIB.
If your installation uses a non-English version of Siebel eBusiness Applications, you do not have an \enu folder. Instead, you have a folder in the appropriate language code for your installation, such as \deu for Germany.
See Global Deployment Guide for a list of three-letter International Standards Organization (ISO) language extensions.
The following parameter in the configuration file for each Siebel application should be set as indicated:
Setting Internal Basic Source Encoding
After Actuate e.Report Designer is installed, the setting for Internal Basic source encoding must be set to Unicode (UCS-2LE).
To make sure Internal Basic source encoding is set properly
- From the Start menu, open Actuate e.Report Designer.
- From the menu, choose View > Options and click General.
- In the Internal Basic source encoding section, make sure that Unicode (UCS-2LE) is selected.