Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Master-Detail Reports > Example—Creating a Report with Multiple Hierarchies >
Creating a Report Design in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional
In Creating a Master-Detail Report example, you first created a custom component library and then a new report design in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional. In this example, you will create a report design by first copying an existing design and making changes to the copy.
To create a report design with multiple hierarchy
- Open the acopcon.rod (Account - Opty/Contact Detail) report design in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional and choose File > Save As and save the report design as mulhier.rod.
- Highlight the Report at root level in the design editor and double-click to open the Component Editor. In the Properties tab, change the title by entering Multiple Hierarchy Report for the ssReportTitle parameter.
- Choose Tools > Library Organizer to open the Library Organizer window.
In the Libraries Included in Your Report frame, highlight acopcon.rol and click the down arrow. If mulhier.rol is available in the Available Libraries frame, click the up arrow to add to the included libraries.
- If mulhier.rol is not in the Available Libraries frame, browse through the file system clicking More and navigate to the directory that contains mulhier.rol library.
- Select this library in the Available Libraries frame and click the up arrow to add it to the included libraries.
- Click OK to close the Library Organizer window.
- Click the Library Browser button and select the mulhier.rol library to open the datastreams of Account (ssAccountQuery), Opportunity (ssOpportunityQuery_1), Contacts (ssContactQuery_2), and Competitor (ssCompetitorQuery_1_1) business components.
- Expand the ssRptOpportunity report component in the design editor.
- Drag and drop the ssSeq library component from the Structure icon into the content section.
This provides the sequential section that causes the subreports to execute in sequence.
- Subclass the sequential section and rename it ssSeqOpty.
- Drag and drop the ssRpt library component on the sequential section.
- Subclass it and rename it ssRptCompetitor.
- Expand this report component.
- Drag and drop data stream object ssCompetitorQuery_1_1 into the DataStream node of ssRptCompetitor.
- Close the Library Browser Window.