Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Managing the Siebel Reports Server >
Increasing the Maximum Number of Factory Processes
Increasing the maximum number of factory processes allows for increased scalability when using the Reports Server. The number to use is dependent on the number of CPUs that are available to the Reports Server. Maximum factories for synchronous and asynchronous jobs should be set based on your business requirements and hardware availability. This is applicable for all platforms.
To increase the maximum number of factory processes
- From the Start menu, navigate to Actuate Management Console and select System Administration to log into. Click Log In.
- Click on System Resource Groups and select Default Sync for synchronous jobs or Default Async for asynchronous jobs.
- Click Server Assignments.
- Change the Max Factories field as required by the business process and click OK.
- Log out of System Administration.