Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications > About Security for Siebel Business Applications > Siebel Security Architecture >
Auditing for Data Continuity
Siebel Systems supports various degrees of auditing.
- At the simplest level, each data record has created and last updated fields (when and by whom). With additional configuration, you can generate an activity for additional levels of auditing. This is best used when there are limited needs for auditing (just a few areas to track).
- Siebel Business Applications can maintain an audit trail of information that tells when business component fields have been changed, who made the change, and what has been changed. Audit Trail is a configurable feature that allows users to choose business components and fields to audit, and to determine the scope of the audit.
Siebel customers can choose to audit all activity, or to limit the scope of auditing to those operations performed by certain responsibilities, positions, or employees. Siebel Business Applications also allow customers to audit specific data fields or objects.
- Siebel customers can also rely on database auditing that is included with all supported databases. All vendors support high levels of audits: B3 or C2 Orange book levels. (Database auditing requires additional space and a security person to review the audit information.)
- Using Siebel Workflow, you can configure workflow processes to save information on changes to specific business components.
- You can also attach scripts to the business component Write_Record event and save information about the transaction.
For more information, see Auditing for Data Continuity.