Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications > Configuration Parameters Related to Authentication >
You can set an authentication-related system preference for Siebel Business Applications in the Administration - Application screen. System preferences are enterprise-wide settings.
Following is the authentication-related system preference:
FALSE) To allow security adapter authentication for users who log in through the Siebel Developer Web Client, you must set the SecThickClientExtAuthent system preference to
TRUE. This system preference has no effect on security adapter authentication for users who log in through the Siebel Web Client.
To edit a system preference
- Log in as an administrator to a Siebel employee application.
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Application > System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences list, select a system preference to edit.
- Edit the entry in the System Preference Value column, then commit the record.
- Restart the Siebel Server.