Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications > Security Adapter Authentication > Configuring Password Hashing >
Login Scenario for Password Hashing
A user is logged into the Siebel application by the following process:
- The user logs in with user credentials that include the unhashed password.
- The AOM receives the user credentials, and passes them to the authentication manager.
- The authentication manager hashes the password, according to the configuration of the security adapter.
- In a database authentication environment:
- The authentication manager passes the user credentials (user ID and hashed password) to the database security adapter.
- The database security adapter verifies that the hashed password matches the hashed password stored in the database for the user. It validates the credential by trying to connect to the database server. The security adapter confirms to the AOM, through the authentication manager, that the credentials are valid.
- In an LDAP/ADSI authentication environment:
- The authentication manager passes the user credentials, including the hashed password, to the LDAP/ADSI security adapter.
- The LDAP/ADSI security adapter verifies that the hashed password matches the hashed password stored in the directory for the user, and then returns the database account and the Siebel user ID to the AOM through the authentication manager.
- The AOM initiates a Siebel application session for the user.