Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications > User Administration > Managing Forgotten Passwords >
Architecture for Forgotten Passwords
Forgot Your Password? is implemented in the User Registration Forgot Password Process workflow process. This process is a subprocess in User Registration Initial Process.
As described in User Experience for a Forgotten Password, to receive a new system-generated password, the user must provide identification data that is compared with database user records. If all four fields return a case-sensitive match with an existing record, the user must answer the challenge question associated with that record. The challenge answer must also return a case-sensitive match.
When a user enters values to the comparison fields in the user interface, the values are written to fields in the User Registration business component. This business component is based on the same tables as the User business component. The virtual field values are not written to the database, but are compared with field values in those underlying tables. The user entries in the following fields in the user interface are compared with field values in the tables indicated:
- The Last Name, First Name, Email, and Work Phone # fields are compared with S_CONTACT field values.
- The Challenge Answer field is compared with an S_USER field value.
The User Registration Forgot Password Process workflow process uses the following views:
- User Registration Forget Pwd Info View
- User Registration Forget Pwd Challenge Ques View
- User Registration Forget Pwd Confirm View
- User Registration Forget Pwd Challenge Answer Error View
- User Registration Forget Pwd Decline View