Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications > User Administration >
Self-registration comprises several components:
- Siebel seed workflow processes provide a sequence of interactive forms to the user for collecting the new user's data. These processes also validate data and write much of the data to the new User record in the Siebel Database.
- Some fields in the new User record in the database are populated automatically from fields in the anonymous user record.
- A new record is created in the user directory. The security adapter authenticates the user against this record. Fields are populated automatically from the data the user enters to the forms.
You must perform one or more of the following tasks to implement self-registration:
- (Optional) Modify the anonymous user record.
- Set configuration parameters.
- Activate workflow processes for self-registration.