Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Preparing for Installation >
Overview of Installing Siebel Business Applications
The server installation process requires multiple tasks that you should perform in the following general sequence. This sequence is also illustrated in Figure 1.
- Planning your deployment. See the Deployment Planning Guide.
For example, you might install and configure server clustering software.
- Determining your load-balancing strategy. See Managing Load Balancing for Siebel Applications.
- Creating your database instance. See Configuring the RDBMS.
NOTE: You can create the database instance at any point before installing the Siebel Database Server, as described in Installing the Siebel Database Server and Configuring the Siebel Database.
- Obtaining Siebel media and creating a Siebel installation image on the network, from which installs will be performed. See Creating the Siebel Installation Image on the Network.
- Installing required third-party products. See System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Siebel SupportWeb and the Siebel Business Applications Third-Party Bookshelf.
- (Optional) Installing Siebel Search. See the Siebel Search Administration Guide.
- Creating directories for Siebel software and the Siebel File System. See General Considerations in Planning Your Siebel Deployment in this chapter.
- Creating the required Siebel accounts. See Creating the Siebel Service Owner Account in this chapter.
- Installing and configuring the Siebel Gateway Name Server. See Installing the Siebel Gateway Name Server.
- Creating the Siebel Enterprise Server and installing and configuring a Siebel Server. See Installing the Siebel Server.
- Installing and configuring the Siebel Database Server on a Siebel Server machine. This task includes creating the Siebel Database itself on the RDBMS. See Installing the Siebel Database Server and Configuring the Siebel Database.
- Installing your Web server and the Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE). See Installing the Siebel Web Server Extension.
- (Optional) Installing Siebel Mobile Web Clients or Developer Web Clients. See Installing Siebel Mobile Web Clients.
- Installing Siebel Tools. See Installing Siebel Tools.
- (Optional) Installing additional Siebel Servers, if required. See Installing the Siebel Server.
- (Optional) Installing additional Siebel products. See:
- Verifying your environment using EVT. See Verifying Your Server Environment.
Figure 1. Sequence of Siebel Business Applications Server Software Installation