Siebel Training Guide > Managing Enrollments, Test Results, and Reports > Automating Waitlist Management >
Setting Up Courses and Classes for Waitlist Management
You can set the maximum number of attendees and the waitlist limit for each class.
This task is a step in Process of Working with Enrollments, Cancellations, Test Results, and Reports.
NOTE: Waitlist management is only appropriate for classes and not for self-paced courses.
To set up classes for waitlist management
- Navigate to the Administration - Training screen > Course Details view.
- In the Courses list, create a new record, in the Format field select Instructor-Led, and then click the More Info view tab.
- In the More Info view tab:
- Set the Max Attendees to the maximum number of seats in the class, for example 30.
- Make sure that Auto Confirm and Allow Waitlist are selected.
- Click the Class Schedule view tab, create a new record, and enter a start date and end date.
- Drill down on the start date, and in the Sessions list, create a new record.
- Click the More Info view tab, set the Waitlist Count to number of students you want on the waitlist, Max Seats to the number to total seats in the class, and make sure Allow Cancel check box is selected.
NOTE: Max Seats and Waitlist Count only applies to classes and not to self-paced courses.
- Use the thread bar to return to the Courses Class Schedule View, and set Status to Active.