Siebel Training Guide > Importing an AICC or SCORM Course >
Importing an AICC Course into Siebel Training
Perform the steps in the following procedure to import an AICC course into Siebel Training.
This task is a step in Process of Importing an AICC or SCORM Course.
To import an AICC course
- Navigate to the Administration - Training screen > Course Details view.
- In the Courses list, click the menu button, and choose Import AICC.
- In the Import from AICC dialog box, enter the URL corresponding to the location of the files in the URL of the AU file field.
- In the Launch Type field, specify the protocol for the course you are importing, and click Import.
The Import dialog closes, and the Course Details view shows a single record.
NOTE: AICC does not provide a method to specify the run-time protocol in the imported files. The administrator must determine which protocol is correct before importing the course. In the majority of cases, AICC files use the HACP protocol.
- Verify the course information, and click the Lessons view tab.
NOTE: Completion Criteria should be set to Launch Based.
- In the Lessons list, verify that all imported lessons appear and that the field values match the information in the imported files.
- The field is blank if the data is not present in the original file.
- The Status field value for each lesson should be Active.
- The URL field value is the URL value specified in the import file.
- (Optional) If the course is for credit, set the Units field in the Course More Info form to a nonzero value.
- In the course record, change the value in the Status field from Inactive to Active.
Changing the status to Active allows course enrollment.