Siebel Training Guide > Course Registration, Withdrawal, and Completion >
Registering for a Media-Based Course
Use the following procedure to register for any course that is not scheduled to take place at a particular time, such as a self-paced (Web-based or CD-ROM) course.
NOTE: Nonemployee contacts, who are not associated with an account, cannot register for a class unless a system default price list is set up. For more information, see Siebel eSales Administration Guide.
This task is a step in Process of Registration, Withdrawal, and Completing Courses.
To register for a media-based course
- Log in to the Training Web site as a registered user or a new user.
- From the Learning Center home page, click the All Training link in Find Training section.
For an explanation of other Find Training links, see Finding and Viewing Training Information.
- If the course for which you want to register is not visible on the Courses list, search for it using the Search Courses form.
You can search for courses by the following criteria:
- Course Name
- Format (can be CD-ROM, Web-based, or Third-Party)
- Course Code
- In the course record, click Enroll.
If you are trying to register for a course that has prerequisites you have not fulfilled, then the following message appears:
The following prerequisites have not yet been completed. We suggest that you complete theses pre-requisites prior to taking the course. You can enroll in the pre-requisite courses by clicking on the course name.
- Click Check Out to display the Payment Method form, and enter your credit card and billing information.
If you have used the Shopping Cart before, your previously entered information may appear for you to edit or confirm.
- Click Continue to display the Order Summary, verify that all the information is correct, and click Confirm Order.
If your registration is successful, you receive an email confirming your course enrollment.
- Click Return to Home Page, and click View Your Course Schedule to display the My Courses list.