Upgrade Guide > Reviewing the Siebel Upgrade Log Files >
About the Siebel Database Upgrade Logs
Upgrades: All Siebel upgrades.
Environments: Development, production test, production.
The Upgrade Wizard produces all log files for a given process in one directory. This includes summary.txt and summary.html files:
PROCESS defaults to
For example, all log files for a Siebel Database schema upgrade of a development environment from Siebel 7.0.4 appear in the following locations:
All log files for the prepare for production upgrade process appear in the following directory:
You can select a different directory from the Log Output Directory screen in the Database Server Configuration Utilities.
Each subdirectory in the log file directory contains the following files and subdirectories:
- Output. Directory containing process log files.
- State. Directory containing the state.log file.
The output and state log file directories are automatically archived on subsequent runs of a process that completes successfully. (The names of subsequent log directories are appended with
_2, and so on.) To preserve disk space, periodically delete or save log directories to another location.
- Summary. Directory that appears after execution of the log parse utility, containing source files for summary.html.
- Summary.html. Browser-based file created by the log parse utility, summarizing the log files in the output directory.
- Summary.txt. Text file created by the log parse utility, summarizing the log files in the output directory.
NOTE: For UNIX, if a browser is not installed on the machine you are using, review summary.txt instead of summary.html.
- Summary.xml. File produced by the log parse utility during production upgrades and used by the Siebel Upgrade Tuner to parallelize table creation and index creation and inactivate SQLs that affect no rows. (Development upgrades do not produce a summary.xml file.)
- Upgtuner_ftp_get.txt. (UNIX Only). File produced by the log parse utility during production upgrades. You can use this file to transfer the upgrade scripts from your UNIX machine to a Windows temporary directory to perform upgrade tuning. (Development upgrades do not produce upgtuner_ftp_get.txt.)
- Upgtuner_ftp_put.txt. (UNIX Only). File produced by the log parse utility during production upgrades. After you tune your production upgrade scripts, you can use this file to transfer the upgrade scripts from the temporary directory on your Windows machine back to your UNIX environment. (Development upgrades do not produce upgtuner_ftp_put.txt.)