Upgrade Guide > How the Siebel Database Upgrade Works >
About Supported Siebel Upgrade Paths
Upgrades: All Siebel upgrades.
Environments: Development, production test, production.
Supported upgrade paths are described in System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Siebel SupportWeb.
The Upgrade Guide does not cover the following specific upgrade paths or infrastructure changes. Contact Oracle's Siebel Technical Support or Oracle's Siebel Expert Services for help with these tasks:
- At Siebel 7.8, direct upgrades from Siebel 6.x are not supported. You must first upgrade from Siebel 6.x to Siebel 7.7.
However, direct upgrades from Siebel 6.2.1 of Siebel Financial Services to Siebel 7.8 or later of Siebel Industry Applications on IBM z/OS platforms are supported. To perform this upgrade, see Upgrade Guide for DB2 UDB for z/OS.
To upgrade from Siebel 6.x to Siebel 7.7, see the latest Siebel 7.7 version of the Upgrade Guide on Oracle's Siebel SupportWeb.
- Changing database platform type during an upgrade, for example changing from Oracle 8i to IBM DB2.
- Changing operating system type during an upgrade, for example changing from Windows to UNIX.
- Migrating to Unicode.
- Migrating from Oracle's Siebel Industry Solutions applications or Siebel Financial Services to Siebel Business Applications.
If your enterprise uses SAP and you have implemented the Siebel Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) product, see Siebel Connector for SAP R/3 for upgrade instructions.
- Upgrading from one base language to another. To achieve similar results, upgrade your existing base language and install the language pack for the desired language.