Upgrade Guide for DB2 UDB for z/OS > Upgrading a Database from the Mainframe > Executing the Upgrade on the z/OS Host (Phase 1 of 2) >
Running Unload Jobs on the Source Database
Perform the following procedure to run unload jobs on the source database.
To run unload jobs on the source database
- If you are not on the Siebel Upgrade Main Menu, enter the following command:
- Select option 5: RUN UPGRADE / POST-UPGRADE MAINTENANCE.
The Siebel Upgrade Job Submission Menu for your upgrade path appears.
- For Siebel Business application upgrades, the panel ID is SBLRUNHP.
- For Siebel Industry application (SIA) upgrades, the panel ID is SBLRUNFP.
- Select option 2: UNLOAD SOURCE.
This places you in edit mode for dataset DSNHLQ.SIEBEL.INSTALL.JCL(SUBUNLD).
- Run the job using the JCL in dataset DSNHLQ.SIEBEL.INSTALL.JCL(SUBUNLD).
This job automatically submits all the unload job streams referenced in dataset DSNHLQ.SIEBEL.EXEC(@DDLIMPU). The number of Unload jobs varies according to upgrade path.
If you selected Siebel-Scheduled Mode, this job is logged (as Completed Successfully or Failed) to the source Siebel log table:
- Verify that the job ran successfully, RC=0 or RC=4.
Jobs with an ABEND (end abnormally) U99 or U099 message are jobs that failed.
NOTE: You must fix any failed jobs before proceeding with the upgrade. For information on restarting failed jobs, see Restarting Failed Jobs on the Mainframe.
- After submitting the job, enter
cancel on the command line or press PF3 to save changes.
- View the job status log.
If you selected Siebel-Scheduled Mode, you can view the job status log by completing the procedure described in Viewing the Siebel Job Log Status.