Upgrade Guide for DB2 UDB for z/OS > Application Upgrade Planning >
Upgrade Planning for Address Data Migration
- From Release 6.2.1 of Siebel Financial Services applications on IBM z/OS platforms to Release 7.8.x of Siebel Industry applications on IBM z/OS platforms
- From Release 7.0.x of Siebel Financial Services applications to Release 7.8.x of Siebel Industry applications
- From Release 7.8.x of Siebel Business applications to Release 7.8.x of Siebel Industry applications
NOTE: This topic does not apply to Siebel Business applications (HOR) that you are upgrading to a later release of Siebel Business applications (HOR).
Release 7.8 changes the way address information is stored. You must perform several tasks to make sure address migration is handled correctly.
In previous releases, address data was stored as follows:
- The relationship between person and address was 1:M and was stored in the table
- The relationship between account and address was 1:M and was stored in
- Both tables included a column
ADDR_NAME, which is a computed value based on other attributes in the address table.
- The user key for
In Release 7.8, the relationship between person and address and between account and address is M:M. Address information is stored in
S_ADDR_PER. The relationship between addresses and contacts and between addresses and organization is stored in
The upgrade process revises storage of address data as follows:
- Inserts data into
- Migrates data from
S_ADDR_PER. The table
S_ADDR_ORG is obsolete.
S_ADDR_PER.PER_ID to null. It is no longer used as part of the user key.
- The table
S_CON_ADDR becomes the intersection table for data stored in
S_ADDR_PER and account or contact data stored in
- Uniqueness of addresses in
S_ADDR_PER is enforced only on
How Address Data Is Preserved
PER_ID is no longer part of the user key for
ADDR_NAME must be unique for all records.
It is possible that records within or across
S_ADDR_PER could have the same
ADDR_NAME. If this occurs, the
ADDR_NAME for one of the records is preserved, and the upgrade process appends the
ADDR_NAME for the others. This prevents records from being deleted and preserves all records from both tables.
How to Manage Address Migration
You must perform three tasks to migrate address data:
- Before upgrading the database, you must run a script to identify records that have the same
S_ADDR_ORG. You must eliminate duplicate row IDs.
- You must evaluate whether to modify upgrade scripts to migrate address data in custom extension columns in
S_ADDR_ORG. During the database upgrep, you do this after running the Database Server Configuration utility but before running the Siebel Upgrade Wizard.
- After the upgrade is complete, review the records in
S_ADDR_PER and eliminate duplicate and obsolete records.
To manage address migration, follow the steps in Preparing Address Data for Upgrade. Each of the address migration tasks is included as a step in this process. Each step refers you to a procedure for performing the task.