Siebel Universal Queuing Administration Guide > Installing and Running Siebel Universal Queuing >
Configuring Siebel Universal Queuing
This section describes the procedure for setting up your queuing system for the first time. It also describes how to modify the various elements in your system.
The following gives an overview of the order in which you define the elements in Siebel Universal Queuing:
- Define the configuration parameters so that Universal Queuing can communicate with Siebel Server. For more information, see Defining Configurations.
- Specify the channels for which work items will be routed by Siebel Universal Queuing. For more information, see Defining Channels.
- Specify employee skills and expertise levels. For more information, see Assigning Employee Skills.
- Determine, for each employee, the number of simultaneous sessions for each channel. For more information, see Defining Employee Channel Capacity.
- Define the routing rules for each channel. For more information, see Defining Routes, Route Properties, and Escalation Rules.
- Define the escalation steps for each route. For more information, see Defining a Route Escalation.