Siebel VB is an enhanced configuration environment which includes:
- A fully functional procedural programming language
- A bidirectional application interface to provide bidirectional access to Siebel Business Objects
- An editing environment to create and maintain custom Siebel VB routines
- A debugger to assist in detecting errors in Siebel VB routines
- A compiler to compile the custom Siebel VB routines
- A run-time engine (similar to a Basic interpreter) to process the custom Siebel VB routines
You can use Siebel VB to create scripts that automate a variety of daily tasks.
Developers looking for scripting functionality on their UNIX-hosted Siebel Object Managers should read Siebel eScript Language Reference.