Siebel Email Response Administration Guide > Tables and Reference > Upgrading to Siebel Email Response Release 7.7 >
Siebel Email Response Business Services and Workflow
Release 7.7 of Siebel Email Response uses the Workflow Process Manager business service to call all workflow processes. Other business service methods can be called from within the workflows. The following business services used by Siebel Email Response will migrate from Release 6.x to Release 7.7, with exceptions noted:
- Inbound Email Manager. Customization of this business service will migrate but customization of its methods will not migrate.
In Release 7.7, the CreateRecord and ProcessServiceRequest methods have been incorporated into workflow processes. These method names will not be in the Inbound Email Manager business service.
Any modifications you made to the CreateRecord and ProcessServiceRequest methods will need to be reentered by you in the eMail Response - Process Message and eMail Response - Process Service Request workflows, respectively.
- Inbound Email Database Operations. Customization of this business service will not be migrated.
- Outbound Communications Manager. Customization of this business service will not be migrated.
Response Groups and Input Arguments
Existing input arguments and default input arguments for response groups will be imported. Before upgrading, export your input arguments for all 6.x business services and methods to a file and save it.
Customized Mail Agent Business Components from Release 6.x will migrate, but the business components will be used in workflow steps instead of being specified as input arguments to the response group. After Upgrading, customers should perform the following tasks on all Siebel Email Response workflows:
- Change the business service to Workflow Process Manager and the method to Run Process.
- Delete all input arguments, and add a single argument called ProcessName. In the input argument value field for ProcessName,
eMail Response - Process Message to replace CreateRecord (Inbound Email Manager business service)
eMail Response - Process Service Request to replace ProcessServiceRequest (Inbound Email Manager business service).
If response groups called workflow processes in Release 6.x, you may be able to use them with modifications. Depending on the number of changes to the workflows, it may be easier to use a standard workflow that accomplishes the same task.
Response properties have been replaced by the ParseText method on the Inbound Email Manager business service. This method uses one fixed input argument (Text) that specifies the text for which you are looking and one input argument for each response property that you want to parse. For example, for the Text input argument Service Request#:, the response property is 24-57689.
- The name of this additional input argument is customer-specified, and it corresponds to an output argument of the same name that will contain the parsed property value. For more information, see Siebel Email Response and Business Services.