Siebel Application Services Interface Reference > Administering Application Services Interfaces >
User Scenarios for ASI Administration
The following scenario describes ASI administration. John is an integration administrator at ABC Company who must configure the prebuilt Siebel ASIs. The key activities in this scenario are:
A back-office application is sending customer information to be synchronized from the Siebel application to a back-office system. John needs to expose an existing inbound ASI, Sync Siebel Product, to receive the customer information, which uses data synchronization services. He also needs to use an existing outbound ASI, Sync External Account, to send the updated information to another system. In addition, John must also deactivate fields in the integration objects that are not being used for these particular ASIs.
Deactivating Fields in the Integration Object
John needs to deactivate various fields in the integration objects for the inbound ASI, AccountReceive, and the outbound ASI, AccountSend, that are not relevant for his company's business object. For each ASI, John:
- Chooses the internal integration object for the specific ASI and deactivates the unnecessary fields in Siebel Tools.
- Chooses the interface integration object for the specific ASI and deactivates the same fields he deactivated in the internal integration object. He deactivates these fields in Siebel Tools.
Exposing an Inbound ASI
John needs to expose the inbound ASI, AccountReceive, to receive the customer information from the back-office system. He wants the inbound ASI to be available over HTTP.
- In the Inbound Web Services screen in the Siebel Client, he specifies the port binding information: transport, protocol, and address.
- He publishes the WSDL file to advertise the inbound ASI and its address.
Specifying an ASI Implementation
For the outbound ASI, AccountSend, John wants to send the customer information as SOAP over HTTP. In the Outbound Web Services screen in the Siebel Client, he specifies the following for AccountSend:
- File address—http://ABCcompany/sendRequests/customer