Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Creating an ADM Package > Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types >
Creating ADM Deployment Filters
Creating Application Deployment Manager (ADM) data filters is an optional, but highly recommended, task of the ADM Server Manager GUI set-up process. This task is a step in Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types.
The deployment filter allows the migration of specially selected records of a particular data type. It is recommended to use a filter for each data type. For more information about deployment filters, see About ADM Deployment Filters.
You can also create ADM deployment filters based on predefined queries (PDQs). For information on this task, see Creating ADM Deployment Filters with PDQs.
To create an ADM deployment filter
- Navigate to the Application Deployment Manager screen > Deployment Projects view.
- In the Deployment Projects list, select the project of interest.
- In the Deployment Project data types list, select the data type of interest.
- In the Deployment Filter field, create a search expression to filter only those items of a data type matching the condition for migration.
NOTE: For more information on the format for deployment filters, see About ADM Deployment Filters.
- To make sure the filter is accurate, click the Validate Filter button.