Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Creating an ADM Package > Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types >
Creating ADM Deployment Sessions
Creating deployment sessions using the Application Deployment Manager (ADM) is a step in Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types.
Before creating a deployment session, make sure that the required configurations are complete and a deployment project exists. See Creating ADM Deployment Projects for information on creating deployment sessions and other required configurations.
To create a deployment session
- Navigate to the Application Deployment Manager screen > Deployment Sessions view.
- In the Deployment Sessions list, click the menu button and then New Record.
- In the Project Name field drop-down list, select the deployment project of interest.
ADM populates several fields in the record with information from the deployment project.
NOTE: Only enabled deployment projects are available for addition to a deployment session. See Enabling the ADM Deployment Project for more information on this task.
- If necessary, clear the Deployment Lock field to change the Deploy button to read-only status. (Click the Refresh button to see this change.)
When the Deployment Lock field is selected, the individual listed in the Locked By field is the only person who can deploy the deployment session. (In normal operations, the Deployment Lock flag is always checked.)
NOTE: The Deployment Lock flag is useful in complex environments where multiple individuals work together. For example, one person can create and unlock the session, which allows another person to log in, lock, and deploy that session.
- If necessary, change the values in the fields of the deployment project's data types.
These fields are accessible only if the deployment project field Session Configurable was checked during the creation of the deployment project. For more information on these fields, see Creating ADM Deployment Projects.
- To refresh the data in the Deployment Sessions view, click the Refresh button.