Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Creating an ADM Package > Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types >
Deploying ADM Sessions to File Using ADM GUI
Deploying sessions using the Application Deployment Manager (ADM) GUI is one means of creating an ADM deployment unit and is a step in Process of Creating ADM Deployment Units from Database Types. For other options, see Deploying ADM Sessions to File Using Command-Line Interface.
Before deploying a session, make sure that the required configurations are complete and a deployment session exists. See Creating ADM Deployment Sessions for information on creating deployment sessions and other required configurations.
To deploy an ADM session to file
- Access the source system; that is, the system from which you want to migrate the data.
- Navigate to the Application Deployment Manager screen > Deployment Sessions view.
- Select the deployment session of interest. Make sure the Export to File and the Deployment Lock fields are checked.
- Click the Deploy button.
- Enter the network path for the export directory, then click the Export button. (Do not specify a filename. ADM automatically generates a filename based on the items within the session.)
For example, on Windows, if the network administrator sets up a shared directory called stage_1 on the server OMEGA, then the network path supplied to ADM must be
Click the Refresh button to update the status of the deployment.
NOTE: The network path is relative to the Siebel Server. It is recommended to set up a common area for file operations, which is accessible from all the Siebel Servers. Additional setup tasks may be necessary depending on the operating system on which the Siebel Server is running.
- Navigate to the network path entered in the previous step to review and access the export file.
NOTE: The volume of data and the number of items within a session contribute to the processing time.