Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Creating an ADM Package > Creating ADM Deployment Units from Repository Types >
Generating ADM Deployment Units Using a Hotfix
Generating ADM deployment units from repository data types uses the Siebel Tools hotfix feature. This task creates a .sif file that is used as the deployment unit necessary for the ADM packaging process.
Generating a hot fix uses the Siebel Tools GUI to complete the task as described in the following procedure.
To generate ADM deployment units using a hotfix at the Siebel Tools GUI
- Log in to Siebel Tools, and make sure the changes are checked in.
- On each object that you want to export, right-click and select Add to Hotfix. You can select multiple objects to add to the Hotfix.
- In the Hotfix Release dialog, name the release and review the repository objects included in the mid-level release.
- If necessary, remove any objects from the list by using the Delete key.
- Select Export to create the .sif file used as the ADM deployment unit.
- Navigate to the Siebel Tools installation directory and the ADM directory to locate the .sif file with the mid-level release label. Copy the generated .sif file along with the XML unit descriptor file, which will be used in the ADM package.