Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Advanced Siebel Assignment Manager Configuration >
Assigning Objects Based on the Primary Address
An assignment rule with address criteria, by default, passes objects (Account, Contact, and Opportunities, for example) based on any one of the multiple addresses associated with the objects. However, Siebel Assignment Manager is configurable to assign based on only the primary address. This configuration is completed through Siebel Tools in the following procedure. The Account assignment object is used in this example.
NOTE: For Siebel Life Sciences, Assignment Manager can populate the Primary Address field for the system-assigned positions for the contacts on the intersection table (S_POSTN_CON).
To assign objects based on the primary address
- Start Siebel Tools.
- Select the assignment object.
- In the Object Explorer, expand Workflow Policy Object.
- In the Workflow Policy Objects list, select Account.
- Select the workflow policy component to change the Source Column and Target Column fields.
- In the Object Explorer, select Workflow Policy Component.
- In the Workflow Policy Component window, select Account Address.
- Change Source Column Name to ROW_ID (from OU_ID).
- Change Target Column Name to PR_ADDR_ID (from ROW_ID).
- Repeat Step 2 and Step 3 for the Contact and Opportunity assignment objects.
- Check in the projects to the server.
For more information about checking in projects, see Using Siebel Tools.
- If using dynamic assignment or workflow policies, drop and regenerate triggers by running the Generate Triggers server component.
See Generating Triggers for Dynamic Assignment Using the GUI or Generating Triggers for Dynamic Assignment Using the Server Manager Command-Line Interface for more information about stopping and restarting this server component. Alternatively, see Siebel System Administration Guide.