Siebel Business Process Framework: Task UI Guide > Configuring Task UI > Editing Task Flows >
Configuring Task Metrics
Task metrics collect and store various task data that is regularly loaded into a data warehouse and analyzed using an OLAP (online analytical processing) tool, such as Oracle Business Intelligence. Two supported types of metrics are timestamp and property metrics.
Configuring Task Timestamp Metrics
Timestamp metrics allow you to collect the times when certain task execution events (for example, task started and task completed) occur.
You can activate timestamp metrics collection after the task has been deployed. After the task is deployed, set the Analytics deployment field to Timestamp or All to enable timestamp metrics to be collected at run time.
Configuring Task Property Metrics
Property metrics allow you to collect task data that are bound to task properties. To configure the metrics collection for task properties, you must define (in the task) the subset of metrics to be captured, and then activate the collection of the metrics after deployment of the application.
To configure task property metrics
- In the Object Explorer (in Siebel Tools), click the Task object type.
- In the Tasks OBLE, select the task that you want to define metrics for.
- In the Object Explorer, click the Task Metric object type.
- Right-click the Task Metrics OBLE, and choose New Record from the pop-up menu.
- For the Metric Name property, select the desired metric from the list of predefined metric names.
- For the Property Name property, select a task property from the list of those that have been defined for the task.
The run-time value of the metric is set to the run-time value of the task property referenced. You change the value only for customizable metrics, and not for system metrics, whose values are set by the task engine.
- Make sure the Inactive property is set to FALSE.
The Inactive column contains a checkbox, which is not checked by default. It provides a convenient means for task designers to disable a metric and reenable it later.
- After the task is deployed, set the Analytics deployment field to Property or All to enable property metrics to be collected at run time.