Siebel Business Process Framework: Task UI Guide > Configuring Task UI > Configuring UI Objects Used in Tasks >
Configuring Radio Button Groups
There are two different cases in which you might configure a radio button group:
- To create a new set of radio buttons based on a new LOV
- To create a new set of radio buttons based on an existing LOV
In the first case, the New Pick List wizard allows you to create the LOV picklist all at once. In the second case, because the LOV has been previously created, it can be reused.
NOTE: For a radio button group to be rendered in the client, the LOV on which the radio button group is based must exist in the run-time environment. When you deploy the application for testing or production, make sure you propagate the LOV to the target environment. For more information on deploying LOVs, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications.
To configure a radio button group
- In Siebel Tools, create a field on the business component for the LOV radio button group.
- In the Object Explorer, click Pick List.
- Right-click the Picklists OBLE, and choose New Pick List Wizard from the pop-up menu.
- Follow the prompts in the New Pick List wizard to establish the appropriate associations, create the Pick List, and select or create the LOV.
- Verify that the Business Component property of the newly created picklist is set to PickList Generic.
- Associate the business component field created in Step 1 with the picklist:
- In the Object Explorer, click Business Component.
- In the Business Components OBLE, select the appropriate business component.
- In the Object Explorer, click Field.
- In the Fields OBLE, select the appropriate field.
- For the Picklist property, select the newly created picklist.
- In the Object Explorer, click Applet.
- In the Applets OBLE, select the applet to which you want add the radio button group.
- In the Object Explorer, click Control (under Applet).
- Right-click the Controls OBLE, and choose New Record from the pop-up menu:
- Enter a Name for the control.
- For the Field property, select the field you created for the radio button group.
- Set the HTMLType property to RadioButton.
- Specify other properties for the control as appropriate.
Configuring the Default Value for Radio Button Groups
Setting a default value for a radio button group allows you to specify the likely user choice for most use cases, saving effort for the user.
NOTE: Setting the default value for a radio button group is optional. If you do set a default value, make sure to choose the default value carefully. The default value chosen should be the most likely user choice in most cases.
If you do not explicitly configure one value as the default, then the first value listed (alphabetically) in the LOV is the default value.
To configure the default value for a radio button group
- In the Object Explorer (in Siebel Tools), click Business Component.
- In the Business Components OBLE, select the business component with which the applet is associated.
- In the Object Explorer, click Field (under Business Component).
- In the Fields OBLE, select the field defined for the radio button group.
- For the Predefault Value property, specify the default for the radio button group.
NOTE: Only one value of a radio button group can be the default.