The following guidelines suggest Siebel development tools that meet invocation requirements:
- The user manually invokes the process:
- Siebel Task UI and Siebel Workflow allow the user to invoke processes.
- Script can underlie UI buttons.
- Script can leverage rules.
- The process is invoked by a runtime event:
- Siebel runtime events can be used to trigger processes.
- Runtime events can leverage rules, script, or both.
- Siebel workflow processes can be invoked in response to Siebel runtime events.
- The process is invoked on a preset schedule:
- Siebel workflow processes, such as periodic batch processes, can be invoked on a preset schedule.