Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Applet Layouts > Options for Customizing an Applet Layout >
Displaying a Parent Applet Field in the Title of a Detail Applet
You can display the value of a field from the parent record as the title of a detail form applet. Siebel CRM often uses a form applet as a detail applet. Displaying the title in this way helps the user to understand the relationship between the parent and child applet.
To display a parent applet field in the title of a detail applet
- In Siebel Tools, click Applet in the Object Explorer.
- In the Applets list, locate the detail applet you must modify, right-click, and then choose Edit Web Layout.
- Drag and drop a text control into the placeholder for the title that is positioned on the canvas.
- Give the control a useful name, such as business component name Title.
- Change the HTML Type property of the control to PlainText.
- In the Field property of the control, choose the parent business component field whose value you must display, for example Name.
- Compile and test your changes.
For more information, see Using Siebel Tools.