Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Applet Layouts > Options for Customizing an Applet Layout >
Copying Controls and Labels from an Applet to a Web Template
You can copy controls and labels from an applet to a web template.
To copy controls and labels from an applet to a web template
- In Siebel Tools, click Applet in the Object Explorer.
- In the Applets list, locate the applet you must modify, right-click, and then choose Edit Web Layout.
- In the canvas, hold down the Shift key, and then choose the items you must copy.
- From the Edit menu, choose Copy.
- In the Object Explorer, navigate to the web template where you must copy the items, and then choose Paste from the Edit menu.
- If you paste into the same applet web template that the applet references, or if you paste into a different applet, then Siebel Tools creates new controls and applet web template items.
- If you paste into the same applet but to another mode, then Siebel Tools creates only the applet web template items.
Undoing Changes or Deleting an Applet Web Template Item
If you choose Undo from the Edit menu or delete an applet web template item from a layout, then Siebel Tools does not automatically delete controls. If you must delete the controls, then you must delete them manually. For important caution information, see Deleting a Control or List Column While in Language Override Mode.