Configuring Siebel Business Applications > About Applets, Controls and List Columns > Options to Create an Applet >
Options to Determine How Siebel CRM Displays Controls and List Columns in a Siebel Application
You can determine how Siebel CRM displays a control or list column only in a specific Siebel application. For example, for a given Siebel application, you can display or hide a control, or reposition it in the applet layout. The following values in the Application list of the Configuration Context toolbar determines how Siebel Tools maps a control or list column that you add, move, or delete:
- All Applications. By default, the layout editor uses the All Applications option, which leaves the controls that you add or delete unmodified.
- A specific application. Siebel Tools applies any add, move, or delete of a control or list column only to the chosen application.
If you choose a different application in the Application list of the Configuration Context toolbar during an editing session, then Siebel Tools changes the appearance of the Applet Layout Editor to reflect the set of controls and list columns that are defined for that application. Siebel Tools displays the following controls and list columns:
- Controls and list columns defined for All Applications
- Controls and list columns defined for the current Siebel application
Siebel CRM does not display controls and list columns that are negated for this Siebel application. For more information, see Setting the Configuration Context.
How an Application-Specific Mapping Affects the Applet Web Template Item
The Expression property of the applet web template item for the control or list column defines a condition that is specific to a Siebel application. The Expression property functions as a search specification or query. It limits the display of the control or list column that matches the outcome of the expression:
- If the Expression property is empty, which is the default, then Siebel Tools displays the control or list column in all Siebel Business Applications.
- If Siebel CRM displays the name of a single Siebel application in the expression, such as eSales, then Siebel CRM restricts the control or list column to display only in the defined Siebel application. A negation expression, such as NOT eSales, specifies that Siebel CRM does not display the control or list column in the eSales application.
Do not define the Expression property directly. If you choose a specific Siebel application in the Application list of the Configuration Context toolbar, and then modify the applet in the Applet Layout Editor, then Siebel Tools automatically defines the Expression property.
How Siebel Tools Modifies the Expression Property of the Applet Web Template Item
If you choose a specific Siebel application in the Application list of the Configuration Context toolbar, then Siebel Tools implements the following changes on the applet web template item:
- If you add a control or list column to an applet, then Siebel Tools automatically enters the name of the Siebel application in the Expression property for the applet web template item. Siebel CRM displays the control only in the chosen Siebel application.
- If you delete a mapped control or list column from the applet layout, then Siebel Tools does the following:
- If you move a mapped control or list column in the applet layout, then Siebel Tools creates a duplicate applet web template item named Name2. This new item includes an Expression property of application and a different Item Identifier property. Siebel Tools also creates a NOT application object. Siebel CRM displays the control in a different location in that application.
If you delete the NOT application object, then the behavior reverts to All Applications.
How an Application-Specific Mapping Affects Wizards
Unlike a target browser-specific mapping that you create by using the Target Browser list of the Configuration Context toolbar, wizards do not affect an application-specific mapping. If you use a wizard to create an object, then Siebel Tools creates the object for all applications.