Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Applets > Customizing Applet Buttons, Controls and List Columns >
Changing the Text Style of a Control or List Column in an Applet
You can change the style of a text string that Siebel CRM displays in a control or list column.
To change the text style of a control or list column in an applet
- Make sure Siebel Tools is configured to allow you to modify a text string.
For more information, see Setting Up the Configuration File for Siebel Tools.
- Embed an HTML tag in the Caption property of a control or in the Display Name property of a list column.
For example, consider how Siebel CRM displays the following value for the Caption property:
<font color="red" size=+2><b>Account Name</b></font>
Siebel CRM uses the value in the HTML tags to render this caption.
- Compile and test your changes.
For more information, see Using Siebel Tools.
Guidelines for Changing the Text Style of a Control or List Column in an Applet
If you change the text style of a control or list column in an applet, then use the following guidelines:
- Siebel CRM supports an HTML tag that controls text style, such as size, color, italics, and bold.
- Siebel CRM does not support other HTML tags, such as those that control alignment or position.
- You cannot use an HTML tag in a property that uses a string because the Siebel Web Engine interprets the tag as a literal value if rendered in high interactivity. For more information, see About Standard Interactivity and High Interactivity.