Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring the Customer Dashboard > Modifying the Appearance and Layout of the Customer Dashboard >
Changing the Size and Location of the Customer Dashboard
You can change the size and location of the Customer Dashboard. For example, you can configure the Customer Dashboard to occupy any of the following regions:
- The bottom of the view that Siebel CRM currently displays.
- An entire horizontal region of the Siebel client.
- A percentage of the content frame.
Note that Siebel CRM locates the Customer Dashboard outside of the Content Frame. You cannot move the Customer Dashboard into the Content Frame.
To change the size and location of the Customer Dashboard
- (Optional) Modify the following Siebel web template files:
- (Optional) Change the size of the frame in which Siebel CRM displays the Customer Dashboard:
- In Siebel Tools, in the Object Explorer, display the business service user prop object type, which is a child of the business service object type.
For more information, see Displaying Object Types You Use to Configure Siebel CRM.
- In the Object Explorer, click Business Service.
- In the Business Services list, locate the Persistent Customer Dashboard business service.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the Business Service tree, and then click Business Service User Prop.
- In the Business Service User Props list, query the Name property for DashboardFrameSize.
The DashboardFrameSize business service user property controls the size of the frame in which Siebel CRM displays the Customer Dashboard.
- Set the Value property using values from the following table.
You must use the following format:
height in pixels, width in pixels
The default value is 55,*. This default sets the height of the frame to 55 pixels and the width to the width of the entire window.
If the height that the DashboardFrameSize user property specifies is smaller than the height that the Siebel Web template specifies, then Siebel CRM truncates the Customer Dashboard.
- Compile and test your changes.
Make sure the Customer Dashboard frame, content frame, and search center frame work together properly. For more information, see Positioning the Customer Dashboard Frame to Accommodate Other User Interface Elements.
Positioning the Customer Dashboard Frame to Accommodate Other User Interface Elements
If you move the frame in which Siebel CRM displays the Customer Dashboard to the left or right of the content frame, then you must modify the sizing to accommodate the Search Center when it is open. It is recommended that you do not move the Customer Dashboard to the right of the content frame because this positioning breaks the connection between a query that the user issues in the Search Center and the query result that Siebel CRM displays in the main content area.