Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Using the Entity Relationship Designer >
Process of Creating and Binding an Entity Relationship Diagram
This task is a step in Roadmap for Configuring a Siebel Application.
To create and bind an ERD, perform the following tasks:
- Creating an Entity Relationship Diagram
- Binding an Entity to a Business Component
- Associating an Entity Attribute with a Business Component Field
- Binding a Relationship to a Link or Join
Two people are typically involved with creating and binding an ERD:
- A business analyst defines an ERD that represents your business model because the analyst possesses knowledge about the business.
- A technical architect or developer binds the entities and relationships in the diagram to Siebel objects because the architect or developer possesses knowledge about the data objects layer.