Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Multi-Value Group, Association, and Shuttle Applets >
About Shuttle Applets
A shuttle applet is a type of applet that allows the user to associate child records with a parent record and to create new records. In high interactivity, a shuttle applet displays in the following situation:
- The user clicks the MVG button.
- The business component of the underlying multi-value group applet includes a many-to-many relationship with the parent business component.
A shuttle applet uses the same underlying object architecture as an association applet. For more information, see How Siebel CRM Constructs an Association Applet It Calls from a Multi-Value Group Applet.
A shuttle applet derives the following items from the association applet:
- Applet header. For example, New, Query, Find, and Starting With.
- Available label.
- List body that Siebel CRM displays on the left side of the shuttle applet.
A shuttle applet derives the following items from the multi-value group applet:
- Selected label
- List body that Siebel CRM displays on the right side of the shuttle applet
- OK button
- Add, Add All, Remove, and Remove All buttons
NOTE: You cannot call a popup applet from a shuttle applet.
For more information, see About Standard Interactivity and High Interactivity and Siebel Release Notes on My Oracle Support.
How the Shuttle Applet Uses Web Templates
Siebel CRM uses the following specialized web templates to render a shuttle applet:
The Mode property of the applet web template item determines the applets in which Siebel CRM displays the controls:
- If Mode is not defined, then Siebel CRM displays the control in shuttle and non-shuttle applets.
- If Mode is DefaultOnly, then Siebel CRM displays the control only in an applet that is not a shuttle applet. Examples include the OK and the Cancel button on the association applet.
- If Mode is More, then Siebel CRM displays the control only in the shuttle applet. Examples include certain buttons, such as Add, Add All, Remove, and Remove All.
Viewing an Example of a Shuttle Applet
You can view an example of a shuttle applet.
To view an example of a shuttle applet
- In the Siebel client, click the Contacts screen tab, and then the Contacts List link.
- Click a link in the Last Name column.
- In the form, click the MVG button for the Account field.
Siebel CRM displays the Accounts shuttle applet.