Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Multi-Value Group, Association, and Shuttle Applets > Creating Multi-Value Groups and Multi-Value Group Applets >
Guidelines to Create Multi-value Group Applets and Pick Applets
If you configure an applet web template for a multi-value group applet or pick applet with a control or list column, then use the following guidelines:
- Use Base mode to display the primary value in the multi-value group applet, and to suppress the display of a link that the user can click to pop-up the multi-value group applet.
- To display the primary record from the multi-value group as read-only text, and to display a link after the text that the user can click to pop-up the multi-value group applet., use Edit, New, or Edit List mode. If the user clicks the link, then Siebel CRM renders the multi-value group applet in a separate pop-up window. You must also make sure the control or list column is editable.
- Use the EditFieldCaption and EditFieldType parameters in the configuration file to set the style of the link.
- You must make sure an Edit List or Base template is defined for the multi-value group applet:
- If an Edit List template is defined, then Siebel CRM uses this template to render the applet.
- If an Edit List template is not defined, then Siebel CRM uses the Base template.
- If an Edit List template is not defined, and if a Base template is not defined, then Siebel CRM generates an error.
- You can call methods, such as EditRecord, AddRecord, or CreateRecord. The multi-value group applet behaves like any other list applet in the pop-up window. When Siebel CRM calls a method, it displays the appropriate template in the current pop-up window. After the user saves or chooses the record, Siebel CRM renders the multi-value group applet in this window in Base mode or Edit List mode.
For more information, see About Applet Web Templates.