Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Lists and Pick Applets > Customizing Lists and Pick Applets >
Using the Pick Applet Wizard to Create a Pick Applet
You can use a predefined pick applet to display a dynamic list in the Siebel client. You can also use the Pick Applet Wizard to create a custom list.
To use the Pick Applet Wizard to define a pick applet
- Choose the File menu, and then choose the New Object menu item.
- Click the Applets tab, click the Pick Applet icon, and then click OK.
- In the General dialog box, define the following properties, and then click Next:
- Pick business component.
- Name for the Picklist Applet:
- Use the following format to name a pick a applet: business component name Pick Applet.
- Use the following format to name an association applet: business component name Assoc Applet.
- Display Name.
- In the Web Layout General dialog box, choose the templates to use for the Base and Edit List modes, and then click Next.
For more information, see Options to Control How the User Creates, Edits, Queries, and Deletes CRM Data.
- In the Web Layout - Fields dialog box, choose the fields that Siebel CRM must display in the pick applet, and then click Next.
- In the Second Web Layout - Fields dialog box, choose the controls that Siebel CRM must display in the pick applet, and then click Next.
By default, Siebel Tools displays all controls in the Selected Controls. These controls reference the Model Pick Applet in the Siebel repository. To move a control to the Available Controls window, choose the control, and then click the left arrow.
- In the Finish dialog box, review the information, and then click Finish.
The Pick Applet Wizard creates the pick applet object, and then opens the Web Layout editor that you can use to map list columns and controls to placeholders in the web template.
For more information, see Configuring Applet Layouts.