Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Views, Screens, and Applications > Customizing a View >
Controlling How the User Can Change View Layout
Certain views in Siebel CRM, such as the home page view, allow the user to change the layout of the view. For example, the user can do the following in some views:
- Reorder applets
- Collapse or expand applets
- Show or hide applets
For more information, see Siebel Fundamentals.
To control how the user can change view layout
- In Siebel Tools, click View in the Object Explorer.
- In the Views list, locate the view you must modify.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the View tree, and then click View Web Template.
- In the View Web Templates list, set the User Layout property to TRUE.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the View Web Template tree, and then click View Web Template Item.
- In the View Web Template Items list, set properties using values from the following table.
Determines if Siebel CRM minimizes or maximizes the applet. If you set Display Size to Always Maximized, then the user cannot minimize the applet.
Determines if Siebel CRM displays or hides the applet. If you set Display Visibility to Always Show, then the user cannot hide the applet.
Defines a range in which the user can move the applet. For example, on an application home page that contains two columns, applets require a move range of Column1 or Column2. Any applet with a move range of Column1 is movable only in the left-side column. Any applet with a move range of Column2 is movable only in the right-side column.
If this property is not defined, then the user cannot move the applet.
The location of an applet is fixed in the view. For example, a move range is typically defined for the salutation applet on the home page.
This step defines the default layout of the view.
- In the View Web Template Items list, add the layout control applet to the view:
- Map the layout control applet to a placeholder in the web template.
- Add the following controls to the appropriate applet in the view.
- For each control you added in Step 9 add a corresponding applet web template item, and then map the control to the appropriate placeholder in the web template.
- Compile and test your changes.
For more information, see Using Siebel Tools.
How the Layout Control Applet Works
The layout control applet serves as a container for the controls that handle operations that occur in the view, such as Reset Default Layout. The following modes determine how Siebel CRM displays the applet:
- Show Mode. Allows the user to use controls that Siebel CRM displays at the top of each applet to edit the layout. For example, Siebel CRM displays a home page view in Show mode until the user clicks Edit Layout. Siebel CRM displays the layout control applet as the Edit Layout button.
- Edit Layout mode. Provides the user with more edit capabilities than the Show mode. Siebel CRM uses the Layout Controls applet to present the Edit Layout mode. Siebel CRM displays this applet if the user clicks Edit Layout. It displays all applets on the view, and allows the user to click Done to choose one of the following options:
- Hide All Applets
- Show All Applets
- Reset Default Layout
- Return to Show mode