Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Views, Screens, and Applications > Customizing a View >
Creating a View That Requires an Explicit User Login
The user can log in to a Siebel Web Engine application in the following ways:
- Explicitly typing the username and password in the login dialog box.
- With a cookie after the user has logged in and chosen Save My Username and Password.
To display a view that provides access to a sensitive part of the Web site, you can require the user who logs in with a cookie to explicitly supply the user name and password.
To create a view that requires an explicit user login
- In Siebel Tools, click View in the Object Explorer.
- In the Views list, locate the view you must modify.
- Set the Explicit Login property to TRUE.
If the user logs in with a cookie, and if the user attempts to access this view, then Siebel CRM prompts the user to enter the user name and password. The user is required to perform this login only one time for each session. All subsequent visits that the user makes to this view during the session do not require the explicit login.