Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Views, Screens, and Applications > Customizing a View >
Restricting Access to Records in a View
The Read Only View field of the Responsibilities list in the Administration - Application screen allows you to restrict access to records in a view according to responsibility. If Read Only View contains a check mark, then Siebel CRM does the following:
- Disables New and Delete buttons in the view. Only the Query button remains active. Siebel CRM does not disable other buttons that it might display in the applet, such as New Contact Call or other custom buttons.
- If the Siebel Mobile Web Client is connected to the server database, then makes the view read only.
- If the Siebel Mobile Web Client is connected to the local database, then makes the view not read only.
For more information, see Article ID 484433.1 on My Oracle Support.
To restrict access to records in a view
- In the Siebel Mobile Web Client, navigate to the Administration - Application screen, and then the Views list.
- In the Views list, locate the view to which you must limit access.
- In the Responsibilities list, locate the responsibility to which you must limit access.
- In the Responsibilities list, make sure the Read Only View field contains a check mark.