Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Views, Screens, and Applications >
Process of Creating a Screen Home Page View
To create a screen home page view, perform the following tasks:
- Defining Business Components for the Screen Home Page View
- Creating Links to Frequently Accessed Data
- Determining How Siebel CRM Displays Recent Records
- Defining the Business Object for the Screen Home Page View
- Creating Simplified Screen Home Page Applets
- Creating a Screen Home Page View
- Adding the Screen View to the Screen
This process provides a general guideline for creating a screen home page view. The actual tasks you perform and the sequence in which you perform them varies depending on your implementation requirements.
A screen home page view provides the user with a simplified way to access data in a screen. Typically, a screen home page view contains applets that help the user search and add records, and applets that display iHelp items, view links, and recent records. A screen home page view exists for various entities, such as accounts, contacts, opportunities, service, and households. You can also define a screen home page view for other entities.