Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Views, Screens, and Applications > Process of Creating a View >
Creating a View
This task is a step in Process of Creating a View.
You typically create a new view to display a new business component, business object, or applet. The New View Wizard assists you with creating a view.
To create a view
- Make sure the ClientConfigurationMode parameter is not All.
For more information, see Setting Up the Configuration File for Siebel Tools.
- In Siebel Tools, choose the File menu, and then the New Object menu item.
- In the New Object Wizard, in the General Tab, click View, and then click OK.
- In the New View dialog box, do the following, and then click Next:
- Choose the project.
- Enter a unique name for the new view.
- Choose the business object whose data the view displays.
- Enter the title for the view.
- In the View Web Layout - Select Template dialog box, choose the template you must use for your new view, and then click Next.
For more information, see About Siebel Web Templates and Siebel Developer's Reference.
- In the Web Layout - Applets dialog box, choose the applets that Siebel Tools must include in the Web layout, and then click Next.
- In the Finish dialog box, review your choices, and then click Finish.
Siebel Tools displays the Web Layout Editor, which allows you to edit the view layout if necessary. For more information, see Editing the Layout of a View.