Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Views, Screens, and Applications > Creating and Deploying an Application >
Creating a New Application
You can modify a predefined application to meet most of your business requirements. However, you can create a new application, if necessary. For more information, see About Applications and Reusing Predefined Objects.
To create a new application
- In Siebel Tools, click Application in the Object Explorer.
- In the Applications list, create a new record.
TIP: To create a new application, you can copy a predefined application and then modify the properties and child objects of the new application. However, a field in an applet that is specific to the original application is not available in the new application, as determined by the application name.
- Enter values for the Project and Name properties.
For more information, see Guidelines for Creating an Application.
- Add a page container template to the application for your home page.
For more information, see About the Container Page.
- For each of the following properties, choose a value from the list of available Web pages:
- Associate the application with screens.