Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Views, Screens, and Applications > Process of Creating a View >
Registering and Associating a View with a Responsibility
This task is a step in Process of Creating a View.
Registering a view adds a new record for the view in the Siebel database and associates a responsibility with the view. The user who is assigned that responsibility can access the new view the next time the user logs in to Siebel CRM. In a development environment, a developer typically registers the view. In a production environment, the administrator typically registers the view.
NOTE: If you define a view but do not provide the user access to the view, then Siebel CRM does not display the view in the Siebel client for that user.
To register and associate a view with a responsibility
- In the Siebel client, navigate to the Administration - Application screen, Views view.
- In the View Name field, choose the down arrow.
- In the View list, choose the name of the view, and then click OK.
- Navigate to the Administration - Application screen, Responsibilities view.
- Choose the responsibility that you must associate to the view.
NOTE: You cannot modify the SADMIN responsibility that is provided as seed data with Siebel CRM.
- In the Views list, enter a new record for the view.
- Depending on the nature of the new view and the users who access it, you might need to do the following:
- Add new responsibilities.
- Add employees to the new responsibilities.
- Make views read-only for a given responsibility.
The read-only feature allows you to use the Siebel client to define a read-only view instead of creating objects in the Siebel repository.
For more information about responsibilities and employees, see Siebel Security Guide.