Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Business Components, Links, and Business Objects > Customizing a Business Component Field >
Creating a New Business Component Field
You can create a new business component field.
To create a new business component field
- Make sure you cannot reuse a business component field.
Before you create a new business component field, make sure there are no predefined fields that meet your business requirements. For more information, see the following topics:
- In Siebel Tools, in the Object Explorer, click Business Component.
- In the Business Components list, locate the business component to which you must add a field.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the Business Component tree, and then click Field.
- In the Fields list, add a new record, and then define properties for the new record.
NOTE: You must not map multiple business component fields to the same column in a table. If you use this technique, then the SQL query fails because it attempts to access the same column twice in the same query. This technique might cause an error message when Siebel CRM updates data, can cause problems with data integrity, and can lead to data loss for denormalized columns that reference the column.
- Compile and test your changes.
For more information, see Using Siebel Tools.