Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Business Components, Links, and Business Objects > Customizing a Business Component >
Creating a New Business Component
You might need to create a new business component if there are no predefined business components that provide a good functional or technical fit for your business requirements. For example, if you must predefault record values to a different type as a way to differentiate certain records from other records in the same table.
For more information, see Reusing Predefined Objects.
To create a new business component
- Make sure you cannot use a predefined business component.
For more information, see Determining If You Can Reuse a Predefined Business Component.
- In Siebel Tools, choose the File menu, and then the New Object menu item.
- In the General tab, choose BusComp, and then click OK.
- In the New Business Component Wizard, choose a project, enter a name for the business component, and then click Next.
- In the Single Value Fields dialog box, choose a column in the Base table, and then enter a name for the field.
- Click Add, and then click Finish.
Siebel Tools displays the business component you just created in the Business Components list.
- In the Business Components list, define the properties to meet your requirements.
For more information, see Properties of a Business Component.