Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Business Components, Links, and Business Objects > Customizing a Business Component >
Creating a Business Component to Allow the User to Set a Primary Team Member
You can allow the user to set a primary.
To create a business component to allow the user to set a primary team member
- In the Object Explorer, click Business Component.
- In the Business Components list, locate the business component that the multi-value group applet references.
For more information, see Creating Multi-Value Groups and Multi-Value Group Applets.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the Business Component tree, and then click Business Component User Prop.
- In the Business Component User Props list, locate the following business component user property:
MVG Set Primary Restricted:name of the multi-value link
- Set the Value property to FALSE.
This configuration allows certain users to set a primary. Setting this user property to FALSE allows someone other than the Manager or Siebel Administrator to alter the Primary team member. If this user property is not set, then only a Siebel Administrator working in Admin mode or a Manager working in Manager view mode can change the Primary team member on an opportunity, account, or contact. For more information about user properties, see Siebel Developer's Reference.
- Compile and test your changes.
For more information, see Using Siebel Tools.